Image via WikipediaJust some simple thoughts:
1. One out of every five dollars goes to healthcare in the United States.
2. There is no way to lower the cost without lowering the coverage unless you eliminate the middle man – and there will always be a middle man.
3. You already pay for it even if you think you don’t.
4. The only argument is about who is going to pay, and that’s a selfish, circular argument – you already are paying. What you are really asking for is someone to hide the costs better.
5. If you think you are not paying – you aren’t looking.
6. Healthcare is not insurance – if it were, hippies would pay little and republicans the most. (old v. young)
7. If healthcare is not a right, then rationing is the way it’s going to go.